List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kconfig_compiler moved to libexec
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-18 8:21:33

On Thursday 17 May 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 03:56, David Faure wrote:
> > >
> > > now, that confuses me a bit - this is a development tool, but not really
> > > a runtime helper (which libexec is for - executables with lib
> > > character). am i missing something?
> >
> > Hmm, you are correct. I was given a list of conflicts between kdelibs3 and
> > kdelibs4, (committed to kdelibs/CONFLICTS) but that list contains all the
> > development tools, which are not a problem since only the development tools
> > for one of the two kde versions can be installed at a given time in a given
> > prefix (due to the .so symlinks).
> >
> > Now what... should I revert the kconfig_compiler move?
>
> How about renaming it to kconfig_compiler4 ?

Not necessary since there's no way to install kdelibs3-dev and kdelibs4-dev (add one \
on distros which use .so version numbers ;) concurrently, as said above.

Reverted. Those who updated since last monday should do this after updating kdelibs:
1) delete $KDEDIR/lib/kde4/libexec/kconfig_compiler
2) run this command from the parent directory of your build dirs
perl -pi -e 's,lib/kde4/libexec/kconfig_compiler,bin/kconfig_compiler,g' \
*/CMakeCache.txt :}