On Thursday 17 May 2007 02:21:13 Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > It shows that the bugs introduced by the change weren't obvious. They > > didn't break compilation, but the behavior of applications in a somewhat > > subtle way. Which definitely is a problem since people changing the > > libraries don't test running applications. > > Adam surely tested that his changes worked in kdevelop ;) But I do > understand the problem. So as I said, as long as you make the > read/writeConfig and set/useDefaults methods virtual so they can be > changed completely in subclasses its fine with me reverting the changes. For me it's not a problem to change it to virtual. If nobody complains about it I will change it next monday. Regards > Andreas