List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Marble in kdereview
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2007-05-09 0:27:22

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 21:07:38 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> On Tuesday 8 May 2007 18:49:29 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I added the Messages.sh but we need to check if everything is indeed
> translated, as said Albert.

Well, there are multiple challenges in terms of translation:

One of them being that the data itself would need to be translated.
There is an elegant solution for that: Marble reads Google Earth KML-file
format as a source for cities and locations.

Some people from Wikipedia offered me to help to put together a set of already
translated KML files.

Using or downloading appropriately translated KML files automatically is on
the TODO list for the very near future.

Concerning the rest of the GUI: Yes, there are some translations missing for
texts in designer. I'm confident that I'll have most of these issues fixed
until the weekend.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn
 Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-0

 credativ GmbH, HRB Düren 4052
 Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich
 Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz