List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-18 14:25:36

Am Montag 16 April 2007 schrieb Ralf Habacker:

> Was it considered to have the kdelibs api (as much as possible) platform
> independent ?

What is platform independent as much as possible? It's always _possible_ to
leave out things that enhance the UNIX desktop to sacrifice platform
independence. For KDE I think this goal is a living process, nothing that can
or should be achieved by a given milestone. Because as where we stand today,
non-UNIX platforms are a nice to have - but finishing the UNIX desktop is a
must have.

Greetings, Stephan