List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-12 20:50:55

On Thursday 12 April 2007 22:45, Sebastian TrĂ¼g wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 18:01:39 Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > David Faure schrieb:
> > >
> > > kdecore's kconfig_compiler creates source files too, and yet it is
> > > created at make time, so surely this isn't a big problem to fix.
> >
> > I thoguuht this too but Sebastian told me that's not that easy as it
> > looks... maybe he can tell what rcgen does / what input and output rcgen
> > generates?
>
> I think the problem is that at cmake time the names of the generated
> sources are not known since they are also generated by rcgen.

Uh. At cmake time the file names which will be generated and should be
compiled cannot be known ?
That's not good.
"cmake time" means "the time when the build files are created". So at the time
the build files are created the names of the files which should be compiled
by the buildsystem (make or MSVC or XCode) really should be known.
If this is not possible all solutions will be hacky.

Bye
Alex