List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: FW: [REMINDER] Upcoming KDE 4.0 Milestones + Nepomuk
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <strueg () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2007-04-11 19:53:53

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 18:35:57 David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 April 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > that is actually a good point. So far not many people besides me have
> > > used the API for real. That is not the best situation for an API
> > > freeze.
> >
> > Well, in the thread on the release-team list it was said that a binary
> > incompatible 4.1 release is not completely out of question.
>
> Binary incompatible doesn't mean source incompatible though. If the API
> isn't mature enough, then even source compatibility might be an issue.
>
> But where to put it meanwhile is a problem indeed; who uses nepomuk
> currently, or plans to use it?

Dolphin has support for now to tag, rate, and comment files. We have plans for
a deeper integration with Strigi (make the data searchable and interconnect
it with the data from the file analysers). I spoke to mueslix from Amarok
about replacing the collection which I think will introduce cool new feature
possibilities. I also think Digikam is a good candidate, although I did not
talk to them yet.

Cheers,
Sebastian