List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Color, Icon and Font Settings in KDE4
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-04-05 22:09:27

Hi,

I had started after aKademy an implementation of the colors stuff.
For the configuration, I choose a scheme similar than the KNotify config,
where we can configure colors of each application both from kcontrol and from
the application itself.

I commited the code is in trunk/playground/base/colors

i've made a simple API that application could use.
I had already ported KMail (i have the code locally, but it doesn't compile
anymore)

I noticed that having foregroundColor and backgroundColor doesn't work well
for the majority of the case.
(in kmail, only few colors are by pair bf/fg)

The idea of having Fonts related to color roles doesn't work well also for
most of kmail roles.   Maybe that's just because KMail is just not designed
for that anyway.