[ Ellen Reitmayr, Sa., 31. Mär. 2007 ] > It was told earlier in this thread that Alt should work to get focus into > the menu without pressing an accelerator key. It doesn;t work in all apps, > but if that is fixed the hci wg is fine with Alt instead of F10 ;-) I disagree. I see serious accessibility and usability issues with this use of Alt: * I once lost important work because I pressed Alt without realising it and key presses that should have gone into the document went into the menu instead. * F10 to access the menu is a standard shortcut shared by Windows, GNOME and cross-platform applications like OpenOffice, which means that it cannot be used by KDE applications anyway that are intended to work in one of those environments. Olaf