On Thursday 29 March 2007, Lubos Lunak wrote: > On čt 29. března 2007, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote: > > David Faure said the following, On 2007-03-29 20:38: > > > Coolo and Dirk convinced me yesterday of the following approach: > > > > [..] > > > > Hello, > > > > A quick question here: how about so called "FileDialog daemon": > > - by behaviour very similar to kdialog app > > - starting at KDE startup and then listening to DBUS requests. > > I was about to ask the same, but if KFileDialog will be abstracted so that it > will be possible to load all the internals using dlopen, then I expect > changing the abstraction to use something else instead should be doable as > well, right? Hmm, only if there are no pointers in the interface. If the KAbstractFileWidget interface says: virtual KToolBar *toolBar() const; virtual KComboBox *locationEdit() const; virtual KComboBox *filterWidget() const; then it can't be implemented using IPC.... But good thing you mention it, I looked around and those are used rarely enough, (mostly in those rare subclasses), so they could be in libkfile itself and not in the interface. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).