List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk-KDE core components in KDEReview
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <strueg () mandriva ! com>
Date:       2007-03-21 10:07:22

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 10:57:47 Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Von: "Sebastian Trüg" <strueg@mandriva.com>
> <snip>
>
> > > - kneprecore_export.h is wrong, fixed it
> > >
> > > - kneprecore shares some sources with knepomuk instead linking to
> > > knepomup -> not very good, needs a hack to fix exports on win32
> >
> > The reason is that it needs stuff that is not part of knepomuk's public
> > API. I
> > will see if I can fix that.
>
> I've added a hack for this - but I wonder why you export classes in nepomuk
> when they shouldn't be public. Or do I missing something here?

It is the other way around. Stuff that is NOT exported is needed in
knepregcore. Anyway, I will improve that.

> > > - creation of rcgen is really really weird - why is this needed at all?
> > > cmake should be able to resolve the dependencies here, so you can just
> > > use add_executable()
> >
> > The issue is that rcgen is needed during the cmake run of kmetadata to
> > create
> > the sources. This was the only way I found to make it work. I would be
> > happy
> > to use another, less weird, solution. But nobody could give me one so
> > far.
>
> Did you ask Alex about this? Invoking cmake inside a cmake script to create
> a program seems not to work correct on win32 :(

yes, I asked him when I did this but he could not give me a better solution
then.

> > > Do we really need this lib on win32 or can it be optional?
> >
> > It can be optional and will even be on linux for now. Actually I am not
> > that
> > sure anymore if it makes sense to force it into KDE 4.0 if it is optional
> > anyway. For now only Dolphin contains optional code using it for tagging,
> > rating, and commenting of files.
> > Later, maybe in KDE 4.1, I hope that it won't be optional anymore. It is
> > intended to provide a replacement for things like the Amarok collection.
>
> Ok, thx

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

QRDF/Soprano is not KDE4 dependant anymore now. I will now work on the
redland-config issue.

As for the rcgen issue: you need a properly working Soprano for that, ie. the
redland plugin has to be visible to the dynamic linker.

Cheers,
Sebastian