List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig vs. QSettings (was Re: Porting problems with
From:       "Paolo Capriotti" <p.capriotti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-01 21:01:23

On 3/1/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:

> given all the additional features that kconfig provides and the large number
> of fixes to your class that would be required to make it includable in
> kdelibs, it would be an even greater duplication of effort (by many times) to
> switch to your Settings. that's not even counting any porting.

You're probably right. I just felt like it had some nice ideas in it I
wanted to share. I'm now conviced that the best solution is to improve
KConfig.
However, I really don't like that story about not damping my
enthusiasm. I'm not afraid to learn from my mistakes, so next time
please don't be worried to hurt my feelings.

Paolo