On Thursday 01 March 2007, Paolo Capriotti wrote: > On 2/28/07, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > I don't think we want two ways to stores settings in kdecore. > > Yesterday I've refactored Settings to be backend-based, a backend > being a couple of template instantiations which implement the > serialization and deserialization logic. > The next step (I'll tackle it this evening if I have time) is to > implement a KConfig backend. This way my class would act as a wrapper > for the KConfig framework, and provide the additional features, like > subgrouping, arrays and maps, plus the more convenient syntax, with no > change in existing configuration files. KConfig is supposed to be the one with multiple backends. I don't think we want an extra layer on top of kconfig - we have so much code using the kconfig api already. And I do mean a lot. I would much rather see an extra mechanism in kconfig for nested groups, like the mechanism suggested by Andreas Pakulat. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).