List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig vs. QSettings (was Re: Porting problems with
From:       "Paolo Capriotti" <p.capriotti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-01 9:53:29

On 2/28/07, Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> wrote:

> I don't think we want two ways to stores settings in kdecore.

Yesterday I've refactored Settings to be backend-based, a backend
being a couple of template instantiations which implement the
serialization and deserialization logic.
The next step (I'll tackle it this evening if I have time) is to
implement a KConfig backend. This way my class would act as a wrapper
for the KConfig framework, and provide the additional features, like
subgrouping, arrays and maps, plus the more convenient syntax, with no
change in existing configuration files.

Paolo