List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: organizing kdebase
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-23 18:29:49

On February 23, 2007, you wrote:
> That's the point. If (or given that) we provide enough tools, you can make
> useful addons in shell scripts using kdialog, kread/writeconfig, etc.
> Those scripts have runtime requirements: kdebase/runtime.

i fear we are missing the salient point, and that's probably my fault for not
stating it simply and clearly:

1) a kde environment does not function properly without runtime/
2) a kde environment functions fine without tools/

this is a way to document that.

p.s. saying "functions just fine without tools/" is not a demotion. it's
simply a statement of fact. a demotion would be to move them out of kdebase.
and yes, a kde environment can be made to work better with tools/, just as it
works better with the rest of kdebase, or for that matter with kdegraphics,
kdemultimedia, kdeutils, etc, etc...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se