On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 09:25:33AM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On February 22, 2007, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > > On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 03:17:27PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > > kdmlib -> kdm/lib, greeter classes > > > > i don't like this idea - otherwise i had done it in the first place. ;) > > the greeter plugins are needed by both kdm and kdesktop_lock (whatever > > it becomes now). putting it under kdm/ makes compiling it without kdm > > much harder. > > really? just do what i did with plasma/lib: put it in > workspace/CMakeLists.txt. voila! > how intuitive. ;) i'm no fan of the implied asymmetry ("kdesktop_lock uses kdm stuff"), either. > > but i wouldn't be opposed to renaming the dir once dmlib moves into > > workspace/lib/ (or whatever it was). > > ok, so we will at least call it libkdm to keep it consistent. > i rather thought about "kgreet_plugins" or something to that effect. > > > utils > > > === > > > [...] > > > kreadconfig (read and write kconfig entries via the command line) > > > [...] > > > > these are really backend tools usually used from scripts, some of them > > critical to workspace. > > which are critical to workspace? > kreadconfig was once used in startkde, but this isn't the case any more ... > > lumping them together with "pure 'user' tools" like kdebugdialog > > just does not feel right. they are more like runtime/utils/ or > > something. > > what applications use them? according to my research: none. > that's not the point. these tools have library character and thus are by definition "runtime". whatever. -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.