Hi, As a follow-up, I wrote a blog entry discussing some of the issues involved with tidying up excess border-itis in KDE applications. Some of the comments provide good suggestions on finer controls over borders. http://kdemonkey.blogspot.com/2007/02/making-kde-cleaner-removing-frames.html I take it that Qt's style sheets mechanism is what we should be using for finer control over widget frames and borders? Regards, Robert. On 18/02/07, Mike Dean wrote: > Ah, okay, thanks! That should be easy then ;) > > > > On 2/17/07, Robert Knight wrote: > > > On a related note, I've thought for a couple of years now that all tab > widgets in all > > > kde applications should be consistent wrt the user being able to switch > tabs with the > > > mouse wheel. Konqueror and Konsole both have this behavior, but many > other > > > applications do not. > > > > I think that behaviour comes automatically if the application uses the > > KDE-ified version of the tab widget ( KTabWidget ) instead of the > > standard Qt tab widget. The KDE widget is a drop-in replacement for > > the Qt one, so the change should be easy to make. > > > > What does need to be done is to enumerate those "many other > > applications" and post bug reports for each of them. > > > > Regards, > > Robert. > > > > On 18/02/07, Mike Dean wrote: > > > On a related note, I've thought for a couple of years now that all tab > > > widgets in all kde applications should be consistent wrt the user being > able > > > to switch tabs with the mouse wheel. Konqueror and Konsole both have > this > > > behavior, but many other applications do not. Could we not implement > this > > > as standard behavior while we're making this stylistic change as well? > > > > > > > > > > > > On 2/15/07, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > > > On February 15, 2007, Robert Knight wrote: > > > > > I am posting this here to hopefully reach the people who can make > > > > > > > > i'd already spoken many months ago to the appropriate people inside TT > > > about > > > > this, seems to have gotten dropped on the floor by accident; an email > has > > > > been sent, we'll keep you posted =) > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Aaron J. Seigo > > > > humru othro a kohnu se > > > > GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43 > > > > > > > > Full time KDE developer sponsored by Trolltech ( > http://www.trolltech.com) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >