List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Locking kdecore into memory
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-24 14:05:47

On Wednesday 24 January 2007, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> I think we should not enforce people to change their hardware.
> Sometimes it is hard, sometimes impossible. We should handle low-end
> hardware gracefully.

Agreed. Upgrading my laptop (which supports max. 192MB) or my father's
desktop (which requires SDRAM) is not that easy.... I feel the pain of
the OOM killer on my main machine what with 1GB can crawl in some
cases, but there should be a way to not use too many RAM, just to
prevent this scenario.

Andras