List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: ideas for a simple OpenDocument API
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-01-11 12:59:27

On Thursday 11 January 2007 13:00, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 22 December 2006 21:16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > having a (very) simple API for creating basic documents and retrieving
> > some information from documents.
>
> The attached email may be interresting.
> I have not looked at it, but i figured you should judge for yourselfs :)

Interesting, thanks.

Quite low level, more a Python binding to ODF than a document API, i.e. better
than manipulating the data through an XML DOM, but one still needs to know a
lot about ODF features and assumptions.
I guess a more convenient API could be built on top of something like this.

However, I think it serves quite well as an introduction to ODF concepts, I'll
have to check its code when I find some time for that :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring