List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdeattic [Was: unlink(kedit);]
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-03 23:56:06

On Thursday 04 January 2007 00:09, Allen Winter wrote:
> So we are proposing a new kdeattic (or kdefoo) module to act as a
> repository of abandoned/orphaned/unmaintained code.   All in one convenient
> location so that potential maintainers can easily find, and possibly
> resurrect our code. Or use it for examples.

That code will most likely not compile and not get updated with refactors. At
least I don't think its fair to ask people to do so.

What about having a wiki page with revision number of deletion and
instructions on how to get it from svn?
like:
  "kedit was deleted in 12345
  " To get it from svn use:   svn co -r 12344 /trunk/KDE/foo/bar "
etc.
--
Thomas Zander