Am Freitag, 29. Dezember 2006 20:14, schrieb Kevin Krammer: > On Wednesday 27 December 2006 11:41, Thomas Zander wrote: > > On Saturday 23 December 2006 12:09, Kevin Krammer wrote: > > > I imagine a simple API being part of kdelibs for non-native data > > > transfer and using some KOffice library for "editing" real documents. > > > > KOffice applications all intend to use ODF as the dataformat for > > clipboard actions, and it would be great if you can then copy paste from > > KWord to KWrite without falling back to the plain-text part :) > > I am specifically thinking about the use case of copying syntax highlighted > source code into presentation slides and articles :) In a perfect world there would be e.g. a kate flake which would keep all the semantic information of the copied source code, so it could be further on edited with still correct highlighting. Another option* would be to make the text flake itself capable of automatical syntax highlighting, perhaps by sharing the highlighter with Kate? With some kind of dynamic format(ter)? * I had this idea long ago when sitting in a lecture looking at slides with awfully formatted code examples. Friedrich