On 02 December 2006 17:46, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On Saturday 02 December 2006 7:49, Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > > Let me add some more emphasize to the "watermark" item. > > would it make more sense to have these kinds of items in a document manager > app? that way one could manage their ebook collection and: > > - create new books by collating/splicing/slicing existing books > - watermark books > - generate citations > - tag and otherwise organize them > - etc, etc > > these seem to all go together and really not belong in a *reader*. instead > they all really appear to be the sort of features one would expect to do > when managing a set of documents rather than reading through them. > > the manager app could work closely with the reader, but should probably be > separate so as to: > > - keep the UI clean > - not encumber the other 98% of people who only use a pdf reader as a > reader - follow the tried-and-proven "UNIX way" of simple, purposeful tools > > speaking with the kde pdf team (formerly the ligature and kpdf teams) it > seems they have the appetite to create a manager app, so maybe this would > naturally follow. This sounds very interesting! Uwe -- Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective. http://www.SysEx.com.na