Hello, as far as I see, there are substantial differences in Ligature and oKular when it comes to DVI and PDF files. I feel that these are quite important for a number of people. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that oKular does not support the following features DVI: - inverse and forward search, an important feature for people writing TeX documents, and an important feature of, e.g. the kile editor that uses kdvi/kviewshell - it seems that oKular uses old-fashioned Metafont fonts, instead of modern Type1 or TrueType - Exporting DVI files to other formats (Text, PS, PDF, ...) - Graphic file inclusion DJVU: - removing/inserting pages PS: - removing/inserting pages - editing PDF metadata PDF: - setting of page backgrounds - removing/inserting pages - editing PDF metadata - inverse and forward search, as with DVI, for people using the TeX typesetting system Best, Stefan. -- Universität zu Köln Mathematisches Institut Weyertal 86-90 50931 Köln / Germany Phone: +49 (0)221 470-2890 http://www.mi.uni-koeln.de/~kebekus