List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Okular moving
From:       Wilfried Huss <Wilfried.Huss () gmx ! at>
Date:       2006-11-14 7:14:47

Am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 00:02 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > We support DjVu files too, although we can't extract text yet, but we can
> > read DjVu annotations.
>
> ah, didn't see it in my list of supported files in okular, though ligature
> shows it in its list. (both compiled from source of course =)

You need the development headers of DjVulibre for the DjVu support of
Okular. Ligature has a copy of DjVulibre in its codebase, because the
external API of DjVulibre is very limited and also in C while the actual
code is C++.

When we added DjVu support about 18 months ago, the external API of
DjVulibre didn't even supported access to the textinformation, so using it
was not an option.

A long time goal of mine was to get a high level Qt binding directly into
DjVulibre (just like poppler has a Qt binding), but I just didn't found the
time for this yet.

Greetings,
Wilfried Huss