List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdelibs/kdecore
From:       "Christian Ehrlicher" <Ch.Ehrlicher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-10-23 10:04:44

Von: Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org>
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Dirk Mueller schrieb:
> > >
> > > Ehm, a) those are not static inline, and therefore must be exported
> > > and
> >
> > What's the difference between static inline and inline for those
> > functions?
> >
> > > b) they're still deprecated, and you removed the DEPRECATED macro.
> >
> > yes, noticed shortly after I did the commit... sorry. Already fixed.
> >
> > > Please make them either static inline or figure out some way to
> > > suppress the warnings.
> >

> From Qt's qglobal.h:
>
> // Functions marked as Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE were exported and inlined by
> mistake.
> // Compilers like MinGW complain that the import attribute is ignored.
> #if defined(Q_CC_MINGW)
> #    if defined(QT_BUILD_CORE_LIB)
> #      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
> #    else
> #      define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE inline
> #    endif
> #    if defined(QT_BUILD_GUI_LIB)
> #      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
> #    else
> #      define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE inline
> #    endif
> #else
> #    define Q_CORE_EXPORT_INLINE Q_CORE_EXPORT inline
> #    define Q_GUI_EXPORT_INLINE Q_GUI_EXPORT inline
> #endif

Don't understand what you want to tell me with this. There is no need to be binary \
compatible in any way, so they can be changed from dllexport inline to inline without \
any problems. Or did I miss something?

Christian
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl