I was replying to Freidrich's (probably rhetorical, now that I think about it) question, and I forgot to quote him. Sorry for the confusion :( On 10/19/06, Eike Hein wrote: > Branan Riley wrote: > > Anyway, moving back to this thread, I think the big reason to stick > > with pure Qt4 is that it works in KDE, MacOS, Windows, and even > > embedded systems based on Qt. I think I read somewhere that there > > would be an attempt to make KDE4 work on all platforms, but is that a > > guarantee yet? Even if it is, KDE depends on Qt, so why use the extra > > library layer if you don't have to? > > While it's certainly a technologically valid suggestion > to go for Qt4-only if it's viable and reduces cross-de- > pendencies in the platform, let's keep in mind that this > is still kde-core-devel, not qt-addons-devel. I don't > really see how the platform commitments kdelibs makes > factors into the discussion in that context. > > > -- > Regards, > Eike Hein, hein@kde.org >