Hello! On Friday, October 20, 2006 01:19:05 PM Michel Hermier wrote: > I noticed while preparing the changes locally, that I need one of my > local change for KSelectAction (well only a return change, but the > patch adds a little more). > So I delay the commit for now. > > Can someone maintaining KSelectAction review the patch. > What changed with this patch: > - bool setCurrentAction(QAction *, DeselectionMode mode) should be > more safe, checking that the action really belongs to the action group > before activating the action. Also added an extra parameter with > default value to mimic the old behaviour. This extra parameter allow > to not deselect the previous action in case of falure to select the > action. Why does this need to be configurable? Deselection the previous action and not selecting any new one instead looks like a bug, not a feature. Did you make it configurable "just in case", or is there a real use case for this? We need "set this one as current" and "set none as current". Why do we need "setCurrentAction(0,LetSelectedMode)" which does -nothing- and setCurrentAction(unrelatedAction,DeselectMode) which has the effect of unchecking the current action (!) and setCurrentAction(unrelatedAction,LetSelectedMode) which, well, does nothing too. Either I'm missing something, or this would be a very confusing API. setCurrentAction(unrelatedAction) should do nothing IMHO, and that's it. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).