Fine. If there are reasons for this header then the REAL problem is that it is not being used everywhere that it can be. I'll try and change any occurrances of ::open, ::link, ::ftell, ::fseek, etc. to the KDE_ equivalents. At the very least, it will make it easier to identify areas that are avoiding Qt mechanisms to work with their io, and might help the mac/windows guys with porting. I still think we are giving this header WAY too much visibility for what it's doing. Outside of a VERY few classes in kdelibs I think QFiles should be preferred over streams and handles in almost every case. But, I bow to the masses.