List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2006-10-07 22:09:46

On Saturday 07 October 2006 22:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> and this is my concern: we'll end up with 8 different choices in 8
> different apps due to the author's personal preferences or feelings on what
> a user is and should be capable of doing. Cyrille noted that there is a
> commitment to support js in koffice and if so, that would suffice as far as
> i'm concerned.

or we could all use a framework that allow scriptability through js, ruby,
python, (whatever) and dbus for a little effort, and with the same level of
support. With the interpreter available on the machine if the user has
install it, meaning that js and dbus will allways be available. And python
and ruby will be available if the user has install them on its computer.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---