On Saturday, 7. October 2006 19:07, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Attached is a simple testcase to show how it could be implemented in > KLibLoader, respecting paths, and not making any assumption about > suffixes, prefixes or how to encode version numbers in pathnames: Oh, ok. Misunderstanding. I've not claimed that the code is supposed to stay that way forever. :) The problem is that we currently have about 23 places in KDE (according to lxr), that call KLibrary::findLibrary (which maps a lib to an absolute path) without actually loading it. I could certainly use the qlibrary code in your test.cpp to implement the searching, however I fear that it is a little bit slow to dlopen it just for fun. I was planning to get rid of those 23 places to be able to remove the findLibrary API ,then we can simplify the stuff a lot and benefit from the behaviour in QLibrary you pointed out. Dirk