On Tuesday, 3. October 2006 20:30, Kevin Krammer wrote: > If an application using one of KDE's bindings would be a nice addition to > KDE Edu, can the KDE Edu maintainer import it into kdeedu? Today: no. In the future: yes. The problem is that it would generate a dependency on kdebindings3 or some other bindings (PyKDE for example), which kdeedu currently doesn't have. it would be a good idea to re-sort the inter-module dependencies so that this is sanely possible. (right now kdebindings depends on a lot of other modules.). Actually, the biggest discussion seemed to have evolved around "which language do we choose?" aka "does it have to be javascript?" - which apparently some people favor. for me, this is not the most critical question right now, but there is for sure one language that beats all others due to non-technical reasons: python. It has commercial support, a strong community and real life applications build upon it (eric4, kumula, etc). I've not seen that so far for ruby or javascript. Anyhow, I would be more than happy about a KDE application written in java or C# as well (which don't that high runtime overhead like python apps have). Dirk