Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2006 23:10 schrieb Alexander Neundorf: > So let the beatings begin ! > Today: Python vs. Ruby > That's obviously the wrong approach. But we (as the TWG as present in a small adhoc meeting in dublin) want one scripting language based app in KDE, that isn't a game. And I can very well imagine that developing such an application (in whatever language it will be in - sometimes I wake up at night sweating and try to tell me it won't be perl) will improve that very binding heavily - not just documentation wise but also in performance. At least that would be the approach we'd like to take: "KDE" stating we want scripting interfaces to our existing applications and we want to emphasize the importance of non-C++ development for KDE4 in opening the distribution to first class citizens. But I will surely leave the decision to those that are willing to implement that very application (and I myself won't accept apps that duplicate existing solutions :) Greetings, Stephan