On Tuesday 03 October 2006 22:14, Adriaan de Groot wrote: > I'd like to focus on the explicitness of the constructor: > > 501697 hermier inline explicit KSharedPtr( T* p ) > > is that or is that not a good idea for this kind of shared pointer? I'd > like comments from people who know something about the intended use of such > pointers (the change has been in there for a long time though). Well, from ksharedptr.h's apidox: ' * This struct emulates C++ pointers virtually perfectly. * So just use it like a simple C++ pointer.' IMO using explicit here makes it not a 'virtually perfect' emulation of regular pointers. (And it may have been there a long time, but I only svn up'ed in kde4 today to look at forwardporting my Krita 1.6 stuff, which isn't made easier with this (on top of the other cosmetic changes).) Bart Coppens