On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:15 am, Guillaume Laurent wrote: > Stephen Leaf wrote: > > I'm reading the website once again and it looks like they finally got > > some better documenters... the examples are MUCH! more readable now. > > > > before it was a bunch of > > square = square*square while square < 1000 > > which is why I said I had to read it backwards. > > That's a Perlism which perhaps Ruby could have done without, because it > can both help readability or degrade it if abused. Yes I used it every so often in my perl scripts but as I never saw the other versions in the first set of examples I saw I thought that's all ruby could do. > > > Do they really expect you to use a special character like "»" or am I > > reading that wrong?? > > You're reading that wrong :-). Please tell me you're not looking at > the examples of > http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/intro.html ? :-) Ok I won't tell you. =)