List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-03 15:08:37

Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2006 16:41 schrieb Benjamin Meyer:

> I vote for LISP and then you can make your Ruby or Python in it....
> Seriously why does it have to be one?  Why can't we support whatever we
> want and time will determine what is used.

Because it's a pain to maintain a binding, to document how to write apps in
it. It's requiring additional dependencies if you require X bindings for a
functional KDE.

So while we want to support non-C++ development, we want one excellent binding
and I doubt we'll get one excellent one if we don't concentrate on one in the
core. That doesn't mean other bindings will stop to exist.

Greetings, Stephan