Am Samstag, 30. September 2006 17:08 schrieb Kevin Ottens: > So, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to create a specific module > for those backends. With specific release rules. I think it should be > released each time we release kdelibs, but extra development and releases > would be allowed when one of the backends is broken because of a behavior > change in one of the subsystems. It would be more convenient to manage this > way. Also, having the backends in a separate module would give a clear > signal to distributors that they can choose only the few ones they want to > support for their distribution without too much headache. I wouldn't care too much about it. As long as there a place where users can get updated/fixed versions from, they will be able to get it. And updating HAL isn't really something our users do on a daily base. And if you provide distributions with a way to get latest HAL with latest stable KDE, there is no need for some extra module. I'd think an extra module isn't needed. Greetings, Stephan