List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Jonas_Bähr <jonas.baehr () web ! de>
Date:       2006-10-03 10:54:13

Am 02.10.2006 um 11:29 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> Looking back the the 3.x times, I see ksjembed having been
> available all the
> time and precious little use being made of it.

I think the biggest problem here was documentation. 95% of the
examples provided are examples of how to write whole applications
using kjsembed. It lacks a good tutorial about how to add scripting
to your application.
I managed to get very basic scripting-support in Krusader but this is
limited to access a few Objects. I didn't managed for example to add
bindings to own classes (not objects). And unfortunately I hadn't got
the time to dig through tons of sourcecode to get this information...

bye,
Jonas

--
Try Krusader