List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-01 13:11:20

Cyrille Berger wrote:
>In trunk, there is an initial support for kjs/kjsembed for kross. Even
> if I have never understood that decision (JavaScript is neither a good
> language for non-programmer, neither a language that is liked by
> programmers...), KOffice (and all applications that decide to use
> kross) will have support for KJS.

I remember these reasons from last year:

1) Language is simple, powerful and very similar to C++
2) There are a lot of developers out there that know JavaScript (think of
the web)
3) We basically get it for free, with no extra dependencies
4) Trolltech is working in an even faster version of QSA

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358