List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2006-10-01 12:31:34

On Sunday 01 October 2006 13:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> I don't think it would be possible to reach a consensus on this one: python
> <-> ruby <-> java <-> c# ...

We want a script language, so Java and C# are out of consideration, the added
value compared to C++ just isn't worth it. So it's between Python and Ruby
(at least we all agree that Perl is a no-go :-) ).

My own preference would be toward Ruby, but I think the safe choice would be
Python, because of its "there's only one way to do it" syntax.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.telegraph-road.org