This makes sense. Could we please get http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html#17 updated to remove examples of unacceptable non-standard tools "python, ruby". Ideally, a listing of the major acceptable languages would be appropriate here. If I understand this thread correctly, currently: Standard Tools include: C++, C, Ruby, Python (or potentially any other language for which kde-bindings are in svn), cmake, all Qt utilities (moc, uic, etc), all KDE utilities (kconfig_compiler, etc) + dependencies of the above Undesirable, but currently used/needed in some places: gcc-isms, automake/conf, shell scripting On 9/28/06, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Thursday, 28. September 2006 16:07, Albert Astals Cid wrote: > > > Both at the kdegames BOF and kdeedu BOF there was discussion about if > > programs created enterely in Ruby/Python/etc are going to be allowed to be > > in main modules of kde for KDE 4. > > The TWG actually thinks about requiring that at least one central application > in KDE 4 is not written in C++. But this is not finally decided yet. So if > you can provide one, we'd be more than happy to take it. So a clear "yes" > > Dirk > >