[ Thiago Macieira ] > >2) Also, there's no way for a program with a different UID to connect to > >the session bus. So kdesu loses functionality. > > > >For #2, there is currently no solution. The only way for applications to > >communicate with each other using D-BUS if they don't have the same UID > >is to use the system bus (not the user's session bus). It is important for accessibility to have a solution for this - and also for the case where an application is running on a remote machine. We plan to support GNOME's accessibility framework (AT-SPI) in KDE4 to give screen readers access to KDE applications. AT-SPI currently uses CORBA, and we are tying to convince the GNOME team to migrate it to D-Bus. Missing network and sudo support in D-Bus is one of the main obstacles. If someone already knows a solution for this, then please add it to http://www.freestandards.org/en/AT-SPI_on_D-Bus - otherwise we will need to try to find a solution on this list. Olaf -- Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of http://accessibility.kde.org/ and http://www.amen-online.de/