List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Docbook Errors
From:       Tom Browder <tom.browder () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-04 14:20:15

Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> We haven't been using Jade in the main documentation toolchain for years, so
> I'm surprised it's still around in the KMyMoney docs. I have a

I agree, jade is not the way to go.

> mostly-working method of generating PDF versions of the docs, although it's
> choking on KMyMoney at the moment. If I get it working, I'll post a link to
> the PDF for you.

Philip, I just found a msg from you to the developer at db2latex from mid 2005--did \
anyone ever respond?

I've looked into the docbook (xsl) => pdf thing several times over the years and \
still believe the best method is not to reinvent the wheel but use Professor Knuth's \
wonderful TeX for the actual typesetting.  That means translation of docbook \
eventually into TeX (or LaTeX), then pdf.

Besides db2latex there is also a docbook (xsl) => ConTeXt (which is a set of macros \
on top of TeX; it is seriously maintained) => pdf system I'm looking into.

And what is the current method you are using?

Thanks.

-Tom