Am Montag, 4. September 2006 17:02 schrieb Lubos Lunak: > On Sunday 03 September 2006 17:17, Simon Edwards wrote: > > On Sunday 27 August 2006 11:31, Germain Garand wrote: > > > I heard it does.. and some distributors add their own fixed Xft.dpi > > > value in Xresources files. > > > > Kubuntu Dapper Drake fiddles with the DPI setting to improve font > > rendering. In practice it seems to work out quite well. Here are the > > details of what it does exactly for anyone interested: > > Yeah, I know. The point is, my fonts look perfectly fine here even with > the real DPI (unless there's something wrong with my eyes or I've gotten so > used to bad fonts). And, of course, the technical problems pointed out by > Germain. It kinda makes me feel insane for trying to push in a feature that > nobody should use. It's still useful (especially if kubuntu would be so kind to set the default of the combobox to their guessed value and leave the user a chance to try the real DPI this way). Greetings, Stephan