List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KSystemTrayIcon and tooltips
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-25 15:39:26

On Saturday 29 July 2006 23:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 14:31, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > Since KSystemTrayIcon is no longer a widget, it seems that it no longer
> > emits QEvent::Tooltip.  Is there some way to be notified just before a
> > tooltip is shown so that I can set the toolTip property only as needed?
>
> sounds like something to ask the trolls to add ... one gets contextmenu
> activation notification, so this seems like something that would make sense
> as well... let's see what they think/say =)

Sorry for the late reply. After some discussion we agreed to implement this
feature, despite the fact that it is only possible to support on X11. So
QSystemTrayIcon now receives QHelpEvents of type QEvent::ToolTip when a
tooltip is requested. Don't use this in portable applications. I submitted
the patch also to qt-copy, for your convenience.

Simon