List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KAssistantDialog proposal
From:       Matthias Lechner <matthias () lmme ! de>
Date:       2006-08-25 10:54:55

Hi,

I'm responding myself as there are too many issues which should not be
discussed in single threads.

There are two kinds of problems I see here:
1. there are some issues regarding the code itself and about single design
elements (like allowing svg art, which would be ok to be implemented if
wished).
2. there are some concerns regarding the whole design.

Comments on the first point:
I agree, colors should be retreived using a palette and should not be
hard-coded. And svg graphics are probable better looking than mine, although
I have some concerns about... I also appreciate Aaron's comments. Most of
them mean just minor changes.

Comments on the second point:
The question which arises here is whether I should continue developing this
component when there are so many fundamental design issues. I designed the
KAssistantDialog with the end user in mind. I don't think that the end user
should be exposed to any kind of hierarchy. And in my opinion designing pages
hierarchically in the background and showing the user a flatten view is a
good thing.

Actually I really don't understand why my proposal makes things complicated.

Regarding the misisng copyright information: sorry, I started the thing from
scratch and decided later on to reuse Olivier's code. Will be added of
course.

Well, actually it's not my decision whether I should continue. Please tell me!
However, I want to be sure not to waste time.

Best regards
Matthias