List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: tab stop size
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2006-07-24 10:08:59

On Sunday 23 Jul 2006 19:10, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Samstag, 22. Juli 2006 11:09 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> > especially what the tab stop size was.
>
> Btw, as you mention it, I hope the policy will set the tab stop size to 8,
> once and for all.

I think that more important in kdelibs is to abolish tabs altogether in favour of \
spaces, as is proposed in the coding style policy. There will always  be people \
(particularly people new to KDE who are only browsing) who have their tab stops set \
differently from whatever is ordained for  kdelibs, and having a mixture of tabs and \
spaces is a recipe for a viewing mess. IMO, the indentation policy is by far the most \
important part of  the coding style proposal for maintaining readability.

--
David Jarvie.