On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:42:13PM +0100, Robert Knight wrote: > On 20/07/06, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > >On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:23:57AM +0000, Robert Knight wrote: > >> SVN commit 564401 by knight: > >> > >> Usability - Only prompt when closing a tab if there are active or > >> stopped programs in that session > >> > > > >this is a) linux-specific > > It would be possible to always require confirmation if the /proc > directory does not exist or does not contain information in the > expected format. > > Of course it would be better if there is a less OS-specific > alternative available. > i think somebody had the plan to centralize such functionality in kdelibs? > >b) unreliable, as the shell can be busy in-process. > > In what situations might this happen? The behaviour worked well as > far as I tested it last night (eg. when there was a running command, > script, stopped jobs etc.), but I have probably missed something. > you could be .-ing a shell script that does in-process commands (a read is a good example). ok, this is a bit far-fetched, but i'm sure one can come up with something useful. on the midnight commander list we are currently discussing shell idleness detection ... pretty weird stuff ... -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.