List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs coding style
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-20 19:20:57

On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:47, Charles Samuels wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote, on Thursday 2006 July 20 11:44 am:
> > if we try and make a little adjustment here and a little adjustment there
> > we'll just end up bikeshedding on the issue and we'll never get a common
> > style. so we've taken the style used in Qt and adopted that verbatim[1]
> > so as to avoid all that. ergo:
>
> Well, you didn't use random indentation and instead are doing 4-spaces. If
> you can do 4-spaces which everyone agrees is better than Qt's random style,

Qt uses 4 space tabs now. the Qt4 style is not the same as the Qt3 style,
which could indeed be described as an odd mix of tabs and spaces.

> than we can surely do curly-brace-on-the-next line as well, as most of us
> agree that's a good thing.

please no adjustments. otherwise we'll discuss this till the cows come home as
people try and adjust this or that citing past changes as precedent. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness