List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: LDAP functions in 4.0
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2006-07-13 8:34:46

Tobias Koenig írta:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:35:04PM +0200, Szombathelyi György wrote:
>> Hello!
> Hi György,
>
>> Also my plan is to take
>> some classes from KAddressBook which are LDAP related (LdapServer and some
>> others), clean up for generic use and also put it in this lib. My final goal
>> is to make a lib which can be used for basic LDAP manipulation, and querying
>> directory servers will not require kio_ldap (as KUser, KAddressbook and the
>> LDAP resource does it now), actually kio_ldap will be a wrapper for this lib.
>> Opinions?
> Great, I'm all for it!
>
> We just have to think about where to locate this lib in SVN, if it's a
> generic lib, most applications should be able to make use of it.

Put it to a seperate module in kdesupport? That has the drawback that
another module needed to compile in some KDE functions.

> BTW, would it be possible to make the openldap wrapper Qt only? Then Qt
> only application could use this code as well. Atm every application has
> to deal with the undocumented, procedure based C API directly, it's
> really time for a nice C++ wrapper.

Hmmm, I'll investigate this. Now LDAPUrl inherited from KURL,
LdapConfigWidget uses KDE widgets...Wrapper lib doesn't exist yet, I
think I'll start with the current LdapSearch class in kdepim, which can
be Qt only.