List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Unity - KHTML and WebKit
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! org>
Date:       2006-07-13 0:00:14

Le Mercredi 12 Juillet 2006 23:56, George Staikos a écrit :
[...]
> As a webkit
> committer
[...]
> Apple has expressed interest
> in having as much as possible of this code merged upstream.  I think we can
> even put our cmake files and platform directory into the WebKit SVN.
[...]
>   In terms of organization, I would insist that we are equal partners with
> Apple and all other WebKit developers if we go down this road.
[...]
>  if we don't like where WebKit is going, then we can re-fork

Hi,

So, as far as I can see, this is your old plan of folding KHTML back into
WebKit, under tight control of Apple Corporation.

Please note that I'm not going to criticize that plan here. I'm only
interested in making matters unequivocal.

I would like to understand how this description reflects the "Unity" project.
Is that your personal view, the view of all developers that worked on this
project so far, or the outcome of a KDE working group consultation?

Greetings,
Germain