Quite often we have dcop calls which create an object, and return a DCOPRef which is the dcop interface around the newly created object. In the general case, to port DCOPRef to DBus we would need a struct that would contain a service name and an object path, and I was telling Thiago how it would be nice to have builtin support for that in QtDBus to be able to simply do s/DCOPRef/DBusRef/ in such code. (He said the interface should probably be there too, but I'm not sure why. If I create a window I get a ref to that window, but I know which interface I want to use to call methods on such things). Anyway I just realized that in most cases, the DCOPRef being returned is for an object created in process ... so there is little point in returning the service name again. If I ask konqueror-123 to create a window, the service of the window's dbus object will obviously be part of konqueror-123 too. So I could just s/DCOPRef/QString/ and document that this is a dbus object path. Does this make sense? (see kdebase/konqueror/KonquerorIface.h for an example) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).